Welcome to Ashley's Adventures in Saddlebredland! This is where I will babble about my days in a barnfull of Saddlebreds and Hackneys (as opposed to the continued torture of my deviantArt watchers)!
I am the proud (occassionaly also: annoyed, muddy, crazed, and frazzled) owner of Winsdown Duquesne, a big grey American Saddlebred Gelding that I've been training myself (with occasional input from my aunts) since he was given to me by my Aunt in April 07 - best 21'st birthday present ever!
..........
The last few weeks the extent of my horse work has been to feed, clean Duke's stall, and dash back home beore I freeze to death. It has been cold here in Ohio - especially after all the time I've been spending in sunny, warm Texas - so much so that I've just wanted to curl up in a blanket and stay there until March. It's either the blanket, or I'm tossing Duke in the trailer and making the 20ish hour drive down to my friend's place in Dallas and not coming back until April!
Haven't been on Duke since mid-December when it was nice and warmer, but I have been hopping on Adam (also known as Havin' Fun), our old gaited horse, and wobbling up-and-down the barn aisle bareback - which is a funny sight when you take into consideration my weak legs and the fact that Adam only has one speed: fast!
I think I'm going to start bitting the big Duke tomorrow, and maybe start long-lining in a week or so. We don't have an indoor at our place, so getting back in shape can be an interesting escapade! I'm also going to be working with a few Hackney's, and maybe another Saddlebred. Guess we'll see how it goes!
Oh, I also have a little gem for you all: Nelson (Brookhill's Storm Trooper), Duke, and Toby (Harlem's Leading Star) out in the snow - Toby is the one looking at the camera, Nelson and Duke are too busy staring at the neighbor's plowing their driveway.

No comments:
Post a Comment